Monday, March 29, 2010

Escape from Philadelphia?



I have read my posts from the past two weeks. I have no idea what got into me. Apparently I was possessed by the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe. Everything was so serious; I need to lighten up, like this guy (he has a wonderful way of looking at life). The topic this week revolves around whether the Eagles should or should not trade Donovan McNabb?

Donovan McNabb has always had the deck stacked against him. He was booed on draft day, he was called an overrated quarterback by the KKK's own Rush Limbargh, and then there was the T.O. saga. McNabb has never got the respect he deserved. All he has done is lead the Eagles to four consecutive NFC East Championships, five NFC Championship games, and a Superbowl. He has also made six Pro Bowls, and he is the least intercepted quarterback in NFL history. Oh yeah...he has great highlights!

So, what is Donovan's reward for putting the Eagles back on the sports world map? Getting shipped to the blackhole: that's right, the fudging Oakland Raiders! To the members of my audience who are sports illiterate, let me put it to you like this: Oakland blows. I cannot come up with enough synonyms to describe the suckitude of the Oakland Raiders. To put it politely: I would rather go hunting with Dick Cheney before I go see an Oakland Raiders game. I would take my chances with trying to pass Kermit the Frog on a canoe (funny thing happened...) . Going to Oakland is like dying a very painful death (after all, this is their owner). Donovan deserves better.


So, should the Eagles trade Donovan McNabb? Well, no. Eagles head coach Andy Reid drafted and developed McNabb. They have been through thick and thin. They're like twins; well, except one is black and the other is, um....just look. Anywho, you get what I'm saying! They're Ebony and Ivory, Sherlock Holmes and Watson, Ike and Tina, so on and so forth. If one goes, so should the other. Why would any team trade its best player and hand the offense over to an unproven quarterback on a team with Superbowl aspirations? It's like starting a war then invading another country before the war is done (oh wait...). So, Andy Reid, if you are reading this (I know you are), finish what you start with the person who got you there. Let's face it; you and Donovan have been together for about 11 years. If you divorce now, you will never find anyone better. Then 10 years from now when Donovan finally gets recognized for his greatness and you're old and bitter, it will be your fault.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written, even if I haven't a clue what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete